Saturday, 14 February 2015

Practically perfect

SHIRT: THRIFTED, SKIRT: BRITAIN DOES VINTAGE & SHOES: OFFICE

I'm a big fan of Mary Poppins; I'm an even bigger fan of Julie Andrews. She's a perfect depiction of grace and eloquence. I am not- far from it. I'd quite like to be like Poppins: practically perfect. It's a bit of a pipe dream, and that's alright, just as long as I get to play dress up once in a while.

With its rounded collar, and slightly pleated front, this shirt feels practically perfect to me. I nabbed it for £2.50 in a 2 for 1 charity shop sale (sales in charity shops seem a little odd, but I'm not one to complain if it helps my pocket) and I've already had various compliments on it. When I'm feeling less Poppins-like, I've found it pairs quite well with my denim pinafore. The skirt is the true dream here though. Nabbed it for a tenner, love it to bits, most content really. You can't really see the detail in the pictures, but it has this gorgeous singular pleat at the front of it which is discrete yet perfectly elegant. I do love it, and I think Mary Poppins would too.

7 comments:

  1. love the shirt!
    Happy valentine dear!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful
    Gorgeous outfit dear

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is super cute <3

    Love always,
    www.loyaltofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and have just read 3 posts I love you. I can see you put in the work and write with passion. You may not be the biggest blogger out there but you are the kind of blogger that inspires me each and every day to write my blog. keep doing what your doing and you will be a massive blogger in the years to come. going to go look at your other posts now byexx luv u

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, love your skirt! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award if you want to check out the post: http://aheroineintraining.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/11-facts-about-me-nominated-for.html it's really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, love your skirt! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award if you want to check out the post: http://aheroineintraining.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/11-facts-about-me-nominated-for.html it's really good :)

    ReplyDelete