Monday, 29 December 2014

Dear December


You've been good to me. I mean you've been a little, actually a lot, cold, but I'll forgive you there. Seriously, they were right when they said the south feels like the tropics compared to the north. You've kept me busy ever since coming home, which has been lovely. Yet again, that's come with it's own woes, namely to my purse. Everyone is doing well, or at least they've said they're doing well, so no one to worry and stress about thus far.

Then Christmas. How could we forget about Christmas? Having Christmas Eve with friends was super special, that was a good idea. Christmas has always been a little lonely, hasn't it? Just the three of us, but having more there just upped spirits. Mummy knocked it out of the park with beautiful food as usual; she kept your friends absolutely stuffed. I should say thank you to mummy more, and goodness knows I should help her more. Yes, I ought to be a lot more selfless. Christmas itself was an absolute treat. Minus the rain on Boxing day, no one likes rain. There was a brief promise of snow then though. You ought to try and forget shouting 'it's snowing' at your dad in the street, only for it to stop with the few scattered flakes and then pour down. 

Decemeber, you've been a thoughtful time. Plenty of time for reflection. In particular, this ought to be another letter to that lady who started talking to me at the bus stop. Why did I want to shrug her off? What is this city mentality? After I smiled politely and looked away I stopped before I whipped my phone out. I couldn't help but think: come on, you love talking, you are you suddenly so quiet now? I'll admit the conversation was conceived a little oddly. She approached me and told me she was taking this bus to the opticians, because her glasses had broken. You don't need to venture into any speech about meeting people in unusual ways, I've watched enough crime shows to know I'm not befriending randomers at bus stops. But if someone just harmlessly begins conversation, calm down. I need to calm down. They're not going to bite, hopefully.

Let's remember what got you through December. A blessing to yourself and anyone who might venture to read this. There was 'Quiet' from the Matilda soundtrack. I still haven't gotten over this beauty. The lyrics and composition of this music still gives me goosebumps, not that I have reason to be able to rate the 'composition' of a musical. Pure amateur over here. Then there was 'Uptown Funk', and December really was a blessing in this department. It's unscheduled early release meant that nights out were more promising as my friends were able to see my 'choreographed in my bedroom' dance moves- that's not been embarrassing at all.  Then there's the blessing on youtube that has been Harry Hitchens. I could not adore him more. There was his 'Just stop, for a second.' video and his 'Thoughts on the future and friendship' which even managed to make their way onto my liked videos list. That's a special place to be, I'll tell you. Hitchens better keep being wonderful. 

Remember it all. This one's briefer than it probably should have been, because unfortunately reflecting on December is overshadowed by reflections on 2014 itself. But we'll get to that later. December, you still definitely deserved to be addressed  on your own, because you've been lovely. You deserve some you time. 

Thank you for being charming.

Kisses, Belle
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment