Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Goodness, that dress

DRESS: ZARA

'You look like you're straight out of Mad Men,' my friend says, 'goodness, that dress'. My cheeks blush and I assure her that she is absolutely my favourite person right now, but secretly I feel so happy that the dress made the impression I wanted it to make. I feel like Christina Hendricks in Mad Men or J-Law in American Hustle, and boy is that feeling good. This was exactly what I envisioned as soon as I saw the dress on the hanger- not that clothes are a little bit about dress up for me or anything (I'm a child of the theatre, so just you shh).

To me, this dress is all about its killer silhouette, which is ironic because the picture of the model on the site doesn't give this dress the silhouette it deserves at all. When I forwarded the link to a couple of my friends they questioned my purchase instantly, and I don't blame them. It looks baggy with absolutely no fit whatsoever, and personally that Zara-esque styling doesn't work on this occasion. For once it seems to pay to not have a 'barely there' catwalk model figure, even if Zara might secretly (actually, quite openly) disagree with me. The square neckline also makes me super happy- it's extremely flattering and works perfectly with the striped print.

What you can't see is the slit on the back of the skirt, which my mother is keen to tell me I should keep very wary of, because she's certain I'm a couple of steps away from splitting it. I sincerely hope she's wrong.

14 comments:

  1. Love the red lips, I think maybe that makes you look like one of the beautiful mad man ladies. btw, that show is pretty awesome and addicting

    lilyconstancee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks beautiful on you. Thanks for checking out my blog. I love yours! :)

    Sugar Sweet Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog! :)
    You look lovely in this dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute look! Zara is always on point with their pieces :)

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :) I’ve nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!

    Sugar Sweet Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg you look absolutely gorgeous!! Loving the blog :)

    tallgirl97.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog, just followed you! Would love if you checked out mine sometime xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! I've nominated you for the 'One Lovely Blog Award' and you can check it out on my blog!!

    tallgirl97.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is gorgeous, I've not seen Mad Men (I'm terrible) but it is definitely channeling J-Law/American Hustle! Totally agree about the Zara-esque style as well; you still have a slim figure but with all the right curves to pull off the silhouette look! Perfect :)

    Alexandra ♡
    efflorescentdream.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you look stunning! i love the dress and the way you have done your hair and makeup, looks so lovely!
    glad i found your blog, its amazing :) x

    Wiyld - Find Beauty in Everything

    ReplyDelete
  11. J-law in American Hustle is what I was thinking! lovely dress :) beautiful blog as well

    check out mine, if you have the time?
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey,
    I really like your lovely Blog. Do you want to follow each other via GFC?
    If yes tell me and i follow you back, honey :)

    Greetings from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via Instagram?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress is super adorable! In love! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete