Wednesday, 13 August 2014

The sun coming up easy

DRESS: BAND OF GYPSIES VIA TK MAXX, SANDALS: CLARKS, SUNGLASSES: NEXT, EARRINGS: THRIFTED

TK Maxx has this funny way of making me fall in love with items instantly. Perhaps it's the sheer scale of choice in the shop, but I feel I know when an item is right for me from the moment I see it in on the hanger. It might just be because I treat the shop almost like I'm thrifting. I simply do not have the time to consider whether I could find something better elsewhere, because in TK Maxx, when it's gone, it's really gone. It's recently also become a safe haven for finding new brands. This dress is from Band of Gypsies. The brand is typically sold as part of concessions at Asos, TOPSHOP, Nordstorm and Urban Outfitters. This particular dress is still available through Urban Outfitters here

It was the print which first I fell in love with. I just love traditional Paisley print, especially when it's in such organic colours (they seem to try and turn everything bright pink these days!) I soon fell in love with the detailing. The detail of the mustard on the bodice is absolutely precious. I'm also always a fan of a sweethearts neckline- the most flattering neckline if you ask me. I also find the flare detail of the skirt a lot more flattering than the plethora of skater skirts in stores these days. It's only slight, but it's the little things which count.

14 comments:

  1. omg WHAT A STEAL. I really love TJ Maxx SO much.
    The dress is so pretty too!
    Hope you can stop by soon(:

    xx Shirley
    http://classifiedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dress :)

    www.inhighfashionlaune.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, what a lovely dress! I haven't been to TK Maxx for ages but must go soon :)

    fashiontalegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. l absolutely fell in love with your blog, following you!<3
    Make sure you also check out my blog and follow me as well.

    http://fashionableperfection.blogspot.nl/

    Love John Setrodipo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit and how you photographed it! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, I feel the same way! Sometimes when I lock eyes with a dress or a pair of shoes, I just can't say no to them there. It's like we found each other. And that dress is lovely- I love how it looks with your dark, long hair. And I bet you got it for a fraction of a price than at Urban Outfitters :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is so lovely! I'm such a fan of TK maxx :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog! Maybe want to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin and Facebook? If yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    xoxo
    http://smellofpeony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice dress, I love the patterns on it. And everything is great when your saving money and being fashionable. Good post!

    lilyconstancee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful:)!! I love your long hair:)
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this dress and I'm insanely jealous of your hair!
    I'm your newest follower;
    Feel free to visit my blog: http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing dress!!!

    tallgirl97.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete