Saturday, 9 August 2014

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

TOP: F+F, TROUSERS: ZARA, SHOES: EPISODE, RING: TOPSHOP

Believe it or not, this is my 'comfortable plane wear'. I'll be the first to admit that this is the first time I've been this creative; my trusty TOPSHOP MOTO Baxter jeans have served me well on many an occasion. However, years of observing stylish women boarding planes meant I just had to up my game. No slouchy jumpers or cosy leggings for me, I was going to be the best dressed passenger on my Ryanair flight (cue 'that's not terribly difficult' jokes here'). 

Being on the visually impaired scale myself I find staring at this print at a distance in the mirror feels like an optical illusion, I feel myself going a little cross eyed. I am still fervently in love with the print regardless. They are incredibly comfortable too; they're clearly elastine based because they stretch so well. I can sit cross legged in these, and that is a number one priority on a three hour flight.

The trousers are so slim legged that pairing it with an ordinary cotton tank top (or tops of that variety) meant I felt like I was in a full body suit. I felt like a jazzy cat woman. When I found this swing vest my problems were solved. It's not just a perfect partner for these trousers but a gorgeous piece in itself. It's a perfect alternative to many of the camis on the market if you have a more 'full' figure up top. The deep v shape will compliment your assets as opposed to allowing them to make you look like a qualified mama whale. The deeper v detail on the back is also a bonus, because there's always something wonderful about a low back.

I'll have to admit that after two hours on the flight my feet got a bit chilly and I did have to resort to wrapping my cardigan around my feet, but apart from that my flight attire had never looked so good. That was until I was queuing behind a family at passport control. Their daughter's Disney princess rucksack seemed just that bit more fabulous than my carry on. I had been outdone by a toddler, and she looked at me like she knew it too.

6 comments:

  1. You have amazing style! And i just love those pants.
    <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those pants and your style is stunning!
    Your blog layout is so pretty too(:
    Just followed you, please follow me back if you'd like!!!

    xx Shirley
    http://classifiedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, glad I've found yours now. This outfit is just perfect for travelling I'm in love with the printed trousers :) xx

    fashiontalegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style! Great outfit! :) What nail polish are you wearing?
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. the look is so pretty!
    and your hair is so so so beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete