Monday, 28 July 2014

I feel pretty and witty and bright

TOP: TK MAXX, SKIRT: ZARA, SHOES: EPISODE, EARRINGS: MISS SELFRIDGE

Please bare with the implied vanity of the post title; I promise you that there are reasons for it which reach beyond self worship. It may sound silly but this outfit just means a whole lot of good to me. I wore it on the night out after the last night of our show, which conveniently happened to be West Side Story (now you see the reason for the title). It was just the most charming night with the most wonderful people. It felt like home, and I'm obviously one to assume that the outfit had some bearing on that. After all, I'm a girl with an irrational fear of wasting a good outfit on a mediocre night, which I'm sure you will agree is completely reasonable.

All mushiness aside, I am rather in love with this outfit. I have a slight obsession with leather (or rather fake leather), which is certainly helped by what's available in stores right now. I do hope this pastel trend continues for some time past this summer. Not only for the sake of only recently having purchased this skirt, but because I think it's rather darling. I can barely get away with it myself due to being pale, but pastel blues and pinks are something I'm happy enough to see scattered across everyone else on the high street, because I like seeing 'edgy' pieces which seem to have a Disney undertone. Yes, I see the princess element in everything.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    love the look! especially the skirt!!
    I also hope this trend is here to stay cause I absolutely adore it :)
    kisses!!

    http://lilusvoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! Followed! Please follow back as I'm 4 followers away from 100!

    lucyabigailsmith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so stunning. Love your outfit.
    http://blogthebutterfly.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am captivated by this outfit and your blog in general :) Thankyou for following, following right back, and really looking forward to your future posts x

    http://melly-go-round.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! I particularly like the skirt. Everything about this post is lovely; from the actual outfit to the musical reference. It's wonderful stumbling upon other bloggers who love/participate in theatre, too! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so gorgeous! And this outfit is simply a perfection!
    Love your earrings!
    Have a lovely day, kisses
    Christine G ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely outfit,
    your skirt has such an amazing colour
    and I love your earrings, they look amazing on you. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your earrings! Really into statement earrings at the moment and yours are so pretty! :-)

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your earrings are to die for! I wish I had my ears pierced xx I've just started a blog of my own,any of you are welcome to visit! I'm in desperate need of some followers ! http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your earrings
    http://londonsprimadonna.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://londonsprimadonna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooOOoo i love me some sheer sleeved shirts!! you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete