Sunday, 6 July 2014

All you need is yellow

JUMPSUIT: ZARA, SHOES: KG KURT GEIGER, CLUTCH: ZARA, EARRINGS: MISS SELFRIDGE

Ever since I progressed past the years of my favourite colour being pink (the walls of my bedroom may contest that I ever moved on) my favourite colour has been yellow. Yellow, to me, is such a fervently happy and infectious colour. It's radiant. Old wives tales have even proclaimed that yellow objects and yellow flowers are supposed to help sell houses quicker. So, if a person's favourite colour is supposed to say a lot about them, then I'm happy to hear whatever psychoanalytic perspective you can offer me on my love affair with yellow. That being said, being the complexion that I am, yellow is a rather difficult colour to wear. I've always been on the hunt for a yellow clutch, to satisfy my need for at least one yellow accessory. When I found this beauty in the Zara sale it felt like fate. I particularly love the black outlining on the clutch- it seems to satisfy some inherent desire within me to always look like a graphic design. 

The jumpsuit I have to admit was inspired by a friend. After seeing her wear a black jumpsuit to a wedding, and blow most of the other guests out of the water wearing it, I knew I had to fetch myself one too. Yet again, it seems like Zara is quite keen on being my saviour these days. The neckline did need an adjustment, and I'll admit that I do fight to keep my bra out of sight, but I think it's absolutely darling regardless. The lace and mesh detail is an absolutely perfect compliment to the flattering silhouette. I also adore the fact that Zara's clothing is so versatile without being boring or standard. Each of my pieces from Zara seem to compliment each other perfectly. It's a vision most brands obviously aim for, but which I rarely find materializes in the pieces I pick for my wardrobe.

14 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty jumpsuit! And its so flattering with your figure. Hope you went somewhere nice wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab outfit! Lovely post! (:

    Kelly x

    http://thebellevieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow clutch as a statement :) And Zara is my second home so know what you mean!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black jumpsuit is really a must have in every wardrobe, love how you styled it!!

    Anete,
    FIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great look! I agree that whatever your favorite color is does have some type of psychological meaning. That jumpsuit is gorgeous! I love the mesh/lace detailing ♡

    xx AlexisSplash

    http://deadlikeyourfame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit- I love the pop of yellow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading this :)
    Gorge look...and pink bedrooms deffo rock (as do yellow clutches!!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit and beautiful smile!!
    by the way, you have a great blog which I happily follow :)

    http://lilusvoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i absolutely love yellow for summer! i'm actually looking for a cute yellow dress but haven't found one yet:) love your outfit!

    lots of love xx
    Nee from ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great look!
    happy day!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful<3
    Maybe want follow each other? if yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh love this outfit! and your hair its soo nice! Your blog is great just followed you ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great outfit, love the pop of yellow :)
    following your blog now!
    Jess x
    http://sprinkleofneon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete